- Metabones PL to Micro FourThirds T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Black Matt)
Like the ULTRA series for Sony E-mount, the new Speed Booster® ULTRA m43 uses an advanced 5-element 4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass. However, the new design is specifically optimized for the Micro Four Thirds sensor and filter stack, and as a result, achieves an astonishing level of performance that sets a new standard for focal reducers.
Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster® announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster® ULTRA m43 has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless Micro Four Thirds mount cameras from 2.0x to 1.4x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is almost perfectly corrected for use with all full-frame SLR lenses regardless of aperture. The Speed Booster® ULTRA m43 will also work extremely well with many DX and APS-C format lenses provided the image circle of the lens is large enough. Optical performance of the new Speed Boosters is so good that the MTF of any lens attached to it will be improved. Even the latest generation of ultra-high performance SLR lenses such as the Zeiss Otus series can be improved by adding a Speed Booster® ULTRA m43.
- Design for attaching full-frame PL Prime Lens to Micro Four Thirds (M43-mount) cameras/camcorders
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- The advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent granted).
- Positive-lock PL lens mount.
- Felt material flocked inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
- Compatible with Panasonic, Olympic, Blackmagic Design M43-mount cameras.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.